This book is divided into three main sections:
- The big picture (general background and methodologies)
- Medical and healthcare education in selected case studies
- Health information and statistics in selected case studies
Each chapter, except the big picture, has the same format describing a particular project result as a case study, which is always based on a well-proven interdisciplinary methodology (specifically CRISP-DM – Cross-Industry Process for Data Mining – the structured approach to planning and running data mining projects.
- As a methodology, it includes descriptions of individual project phases, the tasks involved with each stage, and the relationships between them.
- As a process model, it provides an overview of the complete data mining life cycle.